cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian based Zoom instance

Litsol
Listener

State government schools in my area typically cannot connect to my Zoom meetings because they advise Zoom is not authorised on their network.  The Chief Information Security Officer for the government advised that, "The department supports meetings hosted externally to the department, however, the host must be Australian-based and using the Australia Zoom cluster services, as a paid Zoom customer."

I am an Australian user paying for the Zoom service, however I'm unsure what is meant by "using the Australia Zoom cluster services".  What does that mean? How do I know if I'm using that service or not?

Thanks folks

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Litsol 

They are likely worried about your data and meeting traffic being routed through non-Australian based servers. You can adjust which regions you want your data to only pass through. 

does Australia have national panels for either AI or metaverse? I am trying to do a survey across nations -hope its ok to ask here in case you know? my father the economist's norman macrae did the first biography of von neumann 30 years ago-dad had met neumann in princeton and was given the greatest journalism scoop- ask leaders what they'll do with 100 times more tech per decade?; we are piloting an AI hall of fame- if johnny was alive today who would he recommend under30s in every nation connected with on AI to be the sustainability generation? Our view is this question goes to the heart of all last chance zooms or cops etc chris wash dc www.womensai.com

Litsol
Listener

Hi Bort

You're right, they are very risk averse. Do you know where in the Zoom profile that I can adjust the regions data will pass through?

Thanks

Bort

@Litsol, check the link I provided in my initial response. There is a setting named  Customize data center regions for meeting/webinar data in transit on your profile page.