Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access request for Zoom Client to Outlook using the Outlook Plugin

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hello community

after installing the Outlook Plugin and set Outlook to Autostart the user receives every day the same PopUp and we are not able to solve the issues.

Tried to uninstall and reinstall the Plugin, Outlook and Zoom Client does not solve the issues, are there anyone who knows how to solve this issue?

Please note thet there are other Plugins for Outlook installed that needs access but we do not have any issues with those.

Calvo_0-1678784755808.png

Thanks in advance!

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Calvo

@ZoomZoom 

Thanks for your hint.  I could figure out that this has something to do with the Outlook Client that are checking the status with the antivirus (in our customers case it is Symantec endpoint protection.

So this means that if the customer put everything into the autostart he will get the issue everytime when the users start their windows.
Workaround:

Put a delay of approx. 60 sec. to start the Zoom Client this gives time to the Outlook client to check the status with antivirus and the issue is gone.

I have already updated the case

cheers

Calvo

View solution in original post

Calvo

As our customer could not implement such a workaround (starting Zoom Client with a delay of 60sec.) I suggested the Zoom Support to implment a solution to solve this issues also for all other that has this setup.

I got today the information form the support:

I am expecting that we will be able to. resolve this issue for you after the weekend. We are currently in a change freeze period and therefore unable to make the configuration changes on the backend.

After testing on my VM I can see that this issue is now solved

cheers

calvo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Calvo

The User has installed the newest Version of the Outlook Plugin and also for the Zoom Client.
Outlook in Version 2019

Thanks

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, @Calvo .

A couple ideas come to mind but I would recommend following Microsoft lead here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-in... 

Is customer using MAPI in their calendar integration? Check if everything is up to date. If issues persist, I would recommend opening a support ticket with Zoom tech support.

For reference:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360052953851-Client-based-calendar-integration 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/outlook/mapi/outlook-mapi-reference

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

Calvo

Hi

thanks for your reply!

I have opened in the past a case for this issue but the zoom support only mentioned that this should be a Outlook issue.

I will check and let you know if your hints helped me.

BR
Calvo

Calvo

Hi @ZoomZoom 

yes exactily the customer is using a MAPI integration.
I could now recreate the issues on my VM and everytime I start the VM I get the Windows too..

The strange thing about antivirus is that I run all windows embeded security Tools and they are up to date.

So this could not be the case.

Customer is verifying on their side if the impact could be from their Atntivirus.

In parallel I opened a support case.

cheers

calvo

Calvo

@ZoomZoom 

Thanks for your hint.  I could figure out that this has something to do with the Outlook Client that are checking the status with the antivirus (in our customers case it is Symantec endpoint protection.

So this means that if the customer put everything into the autostart he will get the issue everytime when the users start their windows.
Workaround:

Put a delay of approx. 60 sec. to start the Zoom Client this gives time to the Outlook client to check the status with antivirus and the issue is gone.

I have already updated the case

cheers

Calvo

Calvo

As our customer could not implement such a workaround (starting Zoom Client with a delay of 60sec.) I suggested the Zoom Support to implment a solution to solve this issues also for all other that has this setup.

I got today the information form the support:

I am expecting that we will be able to. resolve this issue for you after the weekend. We are currently in a change freeze period and therefore unable to make the configuration changes on the backend.

After testing on my VM I can see that this issue is now solved

cheers

calvo