cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to allocate our licence to a user

chris_smith
Listener

We have a paid licence that we cannot use, as when we try to allocate it to a use it says we have exceeded the number of users. The licence is there we just cannot access it. How do we sort this?

8 REPLIES 8

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @chris_smith., welcome to the Zoom Community!

Sorry to hear you’re receiving a message regarding a limit on license assignments when assigning Zoom One or Zoom Meeting licenses. This limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you can continue assigning licenses to users.

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service. Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing:

You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom’s single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses.

Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you’ll be able to assign licenses to users.

For more information, please refer to Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment”.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello,

we have the same problem. Is there a solution already?
I would appreciate a quick fix very much. Especially now that we purchased annual licences.
Regards,
Andreas

We purchased additional licences but are not able to allocate them to users. HELP! PLEASE!

simonjp
Listener

I've had this same problem in our group for a few weeks now and get the same fatuous reply: renewed subscription, all users set to Basic, one message on screen says we have unassigned licences and immediately below it another says we have exceeded our allowance. Clearly a bug but cannot get a sensible reply from Zoom.

To confirm: not one of our users is licensed and it says we have one which we can assign; then when we try to do that it says we have exceeded our allowance. We have therefore renewed our subscription to retain one licence which can give us a meeting greater than 40 minutes duration, but we cannot now assign it to a user. 

simonjp
Listener

Same here and no useful response from Zoom support. 

We got this response from Zoom:

Sorry to hear you’re receiving a message regarding a limit on license assignments when assigning Zoom One or Zoom Meeting licenses. This limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you can continue assigning licenses to users.

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service. Per section 1.2 Prohibition on Sharing:

You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing. You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited. Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.

In addition to this, I was able to see that the licenses you have on your account were assigned and removed from one user to another multiple times this month on your Account Management -> Reports page -> User Activity Reports -> Admin Activity Logs.

astaigmiller
Listener

And on another side I found this:

The license allocation has been changed to “each license can be reassigned up to 4 times/month”. For example, a customer who has purchased 20 Pro licenses will be alerted to purchase additional licenses if they change their license allocation 80 times in a month, even if they still have licenses available.