cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile picture problem

UltimateZoomie
Participant

Hey, I selected a profile picture for my zoom meeting and when I did join it the profile picture never came. Only the default came when I offed my camera. Please clarify, as I am gonna join a meeting in 20 mins where everyone should have a profile pic.

Thanks,

ZoomClearer (TheDoubtClearer)

Ultimate Zoomie (^.^)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

These two Zoom support articles explain profile picture usage and troubleshooting.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7056836613517-Managing-profile-picture-on-the-Zoom-web-por... 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/10138985918349-Troubleshooting-profile-picture-issues 

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

UltimateZoomie
Participant

CAN ANYONE PLS REPLY?????????????????????????

Ultimate Zoomie (^.^)

UltimateZoomie
Participant

only 5 mins left please reply.

Ultimate Zoomie (^.^)

Frank_TB

Hello,

These two Zoom support articles explain profile picture usage and troubleshooting.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7056836613517-Managing-profile-picture-on-the-Zoom-web-por... 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/10138985918349-Troubleshooting-profile-picture-issues 

Regards,

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

This does not help!. I have the same problem at the original poster and I checked all the steps and my picture still doesn't show up. This has only been an issue for three days, since I upgraded from a free to a pro account.

ya I agree

Ultimate Zoomie (^.^)

SLuy
Listener

My picture sometimes shows in Zoom meetings, sometimes it does not. And everything is configured correctly. Also, it is not a block-setting by the Zoom host: While my pic does not show, the pics of other participants do. And yes, I am logged in to my account at all times.

The same issue happens with preferred pronouns.

This is version 5.16.10 on macOS. I can only interpret this as ongoing bug for many many months now. :-{

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SLuy welcome to the community! Thank you for your reply 🙂

This maybe due to the host having the setting 'hide profile pictures' enabled from the Security settings tab within a Zoom Meeting.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 4.32.39 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks, for the quick answer!!

But like I said, if that "hide" setting would be on, why would other participants' profile pictures show up in the same meeting?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@SLuy np - so sorry, I misread that! Let me do some looking for settings and Ill get back to you 😄

Check to see if I can recreate this in some way!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

SLuy
Listener

@RN Thanks for looking. I also looked in all the settings in my account, and I couldn't find anything that would cause that behavior intentionally.

I have a suspicion, let me voice it here: Since the account infos like profile pic and pronouns are tied to being logged in, maybe this could be a timing issue: Using a Zoom link via the Chrome browser that then launches the Zoom app and joins the meeting - could it be that the log in process lags a bit behind so that the meeting is joined before the app was able to retrieve user profile info? Not sure if that happens that way tho, since all the data should be on Zoom's servers anyway and I would be logged in fine a second later...

Suspicion #2: Could a mix of different Zoom versions and a mix of platforms (Mac/Windows) maybe cause this, between host and participants...

When I start my own meeting, my profile pic and pronouns always show correctly.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SLuy so I've done some digging and haven't really found recent cases that are related to Zoom users having issues with their profile information populating in Meetings, particularly profile pictures and pronouns from https://zoom.us/profile

Just only having issues with the following (as you described you've already checked):

• With the host having 'hide profile pictures' enabled

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 3.48.29 PM.png

• Users not sharing pronouns from the 'participants' tab in-meeting 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 3.48.15 PM.png

• This pertains to pronouns at the Account level, however, having this setting disabled from Account Settings for all users on the account. 

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 3.50.35 PM.png

I know this sounds ridiculously simple, but you did bring up an interesting point about the delay you experienced after clicking 'launch zoom' from the modal within your browser.

You should be signed out when uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom desktop client, but if you haven't uninstalled/reinstalled the desktop client on macOS yet, you can you sign out and sign in to see if the delay persists when redirected from the browser to the meeting client? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his