cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading from Pro to Basic (Free)

AnitaMcLachlan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello. I've been searching the community but don't see a definitive answer that seems to work. I currently have a Pro account and have requested to downgrade to one license.

I'd like to now downgrade further from Pro to Free. BUT with so many recordings in the cloud I don't want to lose can you tell me:

1. How to downgrade without closing/losing my current account

2. If I do have to close and reopen a free account, how I can access my cloud recordings?

Thanks so much. Anita

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AnitaMcLachlan.

Basic accounts do not have Cloud Recording space, and cannot acquire Cloud Storage.  If you no longer need your Pro account and want to maintain your recordings, download them all to a computer disk drive or other cloud storage (like DropBox) before relinquishing your Pro license.  You may be able to upload video files to YouTube or Vimeo, if your intent is to have others access them.  If you just want them for your own viewing, having them on your computer or other cloud storage should be sufficient.

There's no need to "close" your account; simply set the number of licenses to Zero and retain the same login.  Still, you will not have Zoom Cloud storage.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Its not letting set users to zero. Any idea why?

Ray_Harwood

Check to be sure your license is not assigned to any user. 

@Ray_Harwood Hey! We are getting forced to move from Enterprise to free due to insufficient funds. I'm curious if you have any idea what will happen to our accounts? Will users still have their meetings/accounts but they will not be associated with our account and be downgraded to basic accounts? Will all of their accounts and meetings be deleted? Thanks!

Ray_Harwood

Sorry to hear that, @DanielH.

As long as you get to keep your accounts – they’ll just become Basic accounts.  Everything should stay intact except Cloud Recordings. 

When is this happening? Reach out to me and let’s chat. 

Hi @Ray_Harwood Really appreciate your quick reply. Zoom will not tell us what will happen to the current users. Our non profit uses Zoom to meet with 1000+ students  so this will be tough on us and was hoping there might be a previous situation you have heard of that was similar. Regardless we will need to move off of it but we were hoping to have more times. Its happening next Friday.

schirman
Newcomer
Newcomer

I accidentally upgraded from Basic to Pro when my Mac updated and I was reloading Zoom. I need to go back to Basic and have the $159.80 refunded. How do I accomplish that?

Tom