cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disclaimer Statement

RD3
Listener

Hi, I am trying to add a disclaimer statement at the beginning of meetings, but the toggle button is deactivated.  The message is: Only IT admin can make changes for this setting

I am the Admin and signed on as Admin.  Not sure how to activate this 

10 REPLIES 10

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Please ensure that the setting is not locked at Account level:

sachinzoom_0-1676330942402.png

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

It's grayed out. I'm the admin and the owner and have a license

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @itsmeken @RD3 @SMR0793 @MEC suggest as the owner or admin with role view/edit access to roles suggest looking into the owner role https://zoom.us/role#/ to ensure you're able to view/edit Account Management > Account Settings. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

you can not edit the owner role. Do you have another suggestion?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SMR0793 thanks for your reply! Can you look into the number of members of each role? Weird thought, as the owner you should be able to edit those settings. 

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 9.43.05 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

It seemed to be “blocking” the setting change when I used the search bar to find the setting. When I went to the setting without using the search bar I was able to edit the disclaimer. Not sure why. Thank you for your support!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@SMR0793 amazing, and noted. Thank you! 

@RD3 @itsmeken @MEC, please see @SMR0793's reply to ensure you're able to achieve the same! If so, great! And don't forget to mark a reply as a solution that resolved this discussion! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

MEC
Listener

Hi, I have this problem also.

It is saying the locked, how do I unlock it please?

Thanks you

itsmeken
Listener

I'm having the same issue.  I am the Admin, have a Pro account that is active and am unable to activate the meeting Disclaimer feature.  The button is deactivated as if this feature is not available.  Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

CoachBill
Listener

I struggle with this each time I want to change the disclaimer. I finally figured it out. In the navigation bar, go to Admin, then Account Management, then Account Settings. Scroll down in the settings and find "Show a custom disclaimer when starting or joining a meeting."

here, the button is not greyed out and you can edit the disclaimer.