cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a user

MadeleineE
Listener

I need help. I need to delete a user and all the instructions tell me there is a "delete" button under the ... there isnt on a mac. Please tell me how to delete a user.

Also, why is Canada not listed in the contact centre with a phone number?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi MadelineE, 

I don't know if you got resolution on this, but I had the same problem (also on a Mac - but I don't think that is the issue).

SO THE SOLUTION:

Turns out if that user you are trying to delete is listed as an ADMIN, you need to bump their role down to "MEMBER". Once you do that then, the three little dots will appear.  The Help article that tries to explain this is so terribly written, I couldn't understand it... It's here under the section titled "Prerequisites..."

Anyways, hope it works for you! Did for me!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

The Delete menu option is seen after clicking the ellipsis/more menu “…”, along with Deactivate and Unlink from account.  

Ray_Harwood_0-1652496244480.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

MadeleineE
Listener

But there is no "..." after the edit button. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 10.02.20 PM.png

Ray_Harwood

Are you the account owner, or an account admin?  Which one are you trying to delete?  I’m guessing there’s a permission issue. It won’t display the ellipsis if you don’t have the authority to remove them. 

Read this Zoom Support article on ”Deactivating, unlinking, or deleting users from your account” for more details. 

I am the account owner and I added a user, so I should be able to delete them.

Ray_Harwood

Only two things I can suggest. 

First, try from a different browser. I’m guessing you’ll get the same thing, but it’s worth a shot. Some things just look different on different devices. 

Then … since the volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t have access to account information or ability to make changes to accounts, submit a Support Ticket to Zoom staff at:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

If they can’t help you - we’re all in trouble! 😎 Sorry I couldn’t help more!

Hi MadelineE, 

I don't know if you got resolution on this, but I had the same problem (also on a Mac - but I don't think that is the issue).

SO THE SOLUTION:

Turns out if that user you are trying to delete is listed as an ADMIN, you need to bump their role down to "MEMBER". Once you do that then, the three little dots will appear.  The Help article that tries to explain this is so terribly written, I couldn't understand it... It's here under the section titled "Prerequisites..."

Anyways, hope it works for you! Did for me!

Thank you! I could not figure this out until I saw your reply to the original message. 

katieb1
Listener

I just came on here to vent for just a minute on how difficult this process was!!!! OMG. I am logged in as the account owner and control the licenses and everything. I COULD NOT DELETE THE OTHER INACTIVE USERS!!!

I read and reread the article that the chat bot gave me and the three dots would not show up so I kept like scratching my head. I logged in as everyone in our company trying to figure out who had access to delete users. No one did!

So then I came on this support forum and I had to scroll through some unhelpful posts about reading the same article that made me stuck in the first place.

They could have made this process so much less painful. Like just let us know to change the license from "Admin" to "Member" so the three dots will appear. Okay that's it. I'm done. Back to more important things.