cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Not Upgrading

Listener

Paid for PRO and need it today to do a live webinar.  Followed all the steps suggested in support form and still I am stuck in Basic.  The chat bot is worthless.

How can I get this fixed?  I tried assigning user per the form here and it keeps saying I need to buy a license and don't have one available.  I already upgraded.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CPGeorgia 

You received this message due to the number of times you've assigned a license to different users. Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service. The article below offers more information.

Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment” 

View solution in original post

S_K

Hi @SBurges 

I understand one of your account users has left the team. If you receive the error, “exceeded the limit of license assignment”, please submit a support ticket

Make sure the user who is no longer with you is unlinked and deactivated so the license is available to assign to the new user. See Deactivating, unlinking, or deleting users from your account.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

CPGeorgia
Listener

Having similar issues, attempted to move a license to another user and now I'm stuck where Zoom says I have licenses available to assign but I can't because I need to purchase an additional license.

Listener

I tried cancelling my account and started a new.  Requested refund on the first one. 

Guess what?  The new account with my other email, bought PRO plan, etc. and setup still shows exact same issue.  Basic plan not pro.  Cleared cache etc on all browsers before doing so and it simply does not work.  Still assigned me a basic plan though I paid for a PRO plan.  Will not let me go any further.  Says I still need to pay for upgrade to pro or higher.  The help here is awful.  I can't even get live chat just a very worthless chat box.

Zoom really needs to fix this issue.  I am very disappointed as I needed to do a webinar today.  Poor customer service can be a killer for business.

S_K

Hello @566 and @CPGeorgia 

Please make sure you have assigned your paid license to yourself. This is not automatic. See Assigning Zoom Licenses. If you need further assistance, please reach out to Billing by chat.

Whenever I transfer my account's license to another user, when I try to transfer it back to the original user I am unable to do so.  I am on the Pro plan.  After I revert user #2 back to a Basic user and attempt to assign the license to user #1 I get the "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit" message. 

User Management indicates, "You have licenses still available to users. Assign license to users or manage your license count."  But above the list of users it also indicates, "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit." 

The problem appeared to resolved itself after a few days.  But I just did this again and the error is happening again.  Although my annualized spend is more than $50/month I could not use chat (another error in my opinion), so I opened a ticket (#17631168).

S_K

Hi @CPGeorgia 

You received this message due to the number of times you've assigned a license to different users. Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service. The article below offers more information.

Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment” 

S_K

@CPGeorgia - You really should delete the attachments from your message. They contain personally identifiable information, which is a security risk to them and/or yourself as this is a public forum.

CPGeorgia
Listener

But as you can see in the graphic, not one user has been assigned a license.  That is the error that needs resolving.

SBurges
Listener

I'm having similar problems... My colleague has a Basic Zoom account. I've sent them a link to a Professional licence after a member of our team left and we had a licence spare. It's proving impossible for him to accept the invite and it remains Pending.
He's logged out of the Basic account and accepted the invite. What are we doing wrong?!

S_K

Hi @SBurges 

I understand one of your account users has left the team. If you receive the error, “exceeded the limit of license assignment”, please submit a support ticket

Make sure the user who is no longer with you is unlinked and deactivated so the license is available to assign to the new user. See Deactivating, unlinking, or deleting users from your account.

Brian12
Listener

Having the exact same issue and it's just me, I haven't assigned anything to anyone but need pro to work and stuck in basic.  How can I get this fixed or get a refund ?

S_K

Hi @Brian12 

If you haven't already done so, please submit a support ticket. Your account will need to be accessed to investigate.