cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA and Recovery Code

MichaelD
Listener

My wife has a free Zoom account and when she tries to sign in on her laptop, she's being asked for a code from a 2FA app.  Thing is, she doesn't recall having set up 2FA and isn't receiving any codes in her email.  We've checked her junk email and she has not received any email at all from Zoom's no-reply email address.  She is signed in to her account on her smartphone but there aren't any settings in the app for 2FA.  We've gone through the various sign-in and 2FA support articles and none of them have helped.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

MichaelD
Listener

@Zoom_Supp_Mngr @alexisbrown I see a similar if not identical situation on https://community.zoom.com/t5/Billing-Account-Management/2FA-and-Recovery-Code/m-p/125888.  Is there anything you might be able to do?

MichaelD
Listener

@Zoom_Supp_Mngr @alexisbrown My wife is now trying to delete her account using her phone (since it's still logged in) but it's supposedly sending a code to her email address and nothing has been received -- which is basically the same issue she's having with 2FA.  I realize it's a free account and there is no real support for it, but would you be able to at least help her with this?  Please reply back and I'll provide her account info and email address where you can contact her.