cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom needs to allow users to turn off Autocorrect in chat. It corrects already correct words.

Firescribe
Newcomer
Newcomer

When you suddenly wonder if something has happened to your editor's brain because you can no longer seem to type anything in Zoom chats that make sense and you know what is on the screen doesn't match what you were thinking when you typed, something is seriously wrong.

It wasn't until I tried to retype a grossly skewed entry and watched Zoom swap out my correctly spelled and chosen words to the same wrong words I was trying to correct that I realized what was happening.

In every chat since, I've watched Zoom twist my communication, sometimes even removing small words. It's one thing to correct spelling, but to omit and completely change a correctly spelled word to something else sabotages communication and undermines my integrity as a writer and editor. I know better than corrective AI what I'm trying to say.

I try to prevent and revert these "corrections," but that's not easy because in fast moving chats I need to focus on the conversation, not miss it to fight with Zoom for my words back. I am tired of apologizing for autocorrect and overdone with Zoom making me look like an unskilled fool. 

Chat did not used to function like this. Fix it. And if you can't fix it, turn it completely off. Either way, give us an off switch. 

1 REPLY 1

Bri
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @Firescribe, and welcome to the community. Please feel free to share this feedback using the steps outlined here.

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?