cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable all Zoom chat notifications?

scochrancpslo
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have chat notifications disabled everywhere in the settings that I can find.  Yet the Zoom taskbar icon is still graphically indicating that I have unread chats it thinks I need to read.  I don't need to read them.  The only time I ever care about Zoom chat messages is during the initial Zoom call in which the chat messages are created.  After the call has ended I just want all things Zoom to go away.  Please go away.  Zoom, you have overstayed your welcome.  I really don't care that someone in a meeting I was invited to attend and did not attend sent a message to everyone in that meeting during that meeting about something that was only relevant to other people there in the meeting at that specific moment in time.  The more you try to catch my attention the more likely you are to have me ignore something actually relevant when it does come along.  This is counterproductive.
Speaking of counterproductive, I also don't have time to hang out with a "community" in the ever decreasing hope that I might find an answer to how Zoom can be used in a way that is less distracting to my workflow.  I'd rather actually be working.  If you could just provide me a version of your product that does video conferencing well without trying to also be a social media platform, I would be very grateful.  On a side note, I don't recommend trying to be a social media platform.  Social media and productivity don't typically have the same goals and everyone else does social media better anyways so maybe just focus on trying not to lose sight of the productivity part that we're actually paying for.

0 REPLIES 0