cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated 6/13: 10DLC Full Registration Enforcement Starting July 10, 2024.

CarlaA

Hello Zoom Community Members! 

I wanted to inform you about the 10DLC enforcement starting July 10, 2024.

All US and Canada toll and virtual service phone numbers used for SMS/MMS within both the Zoom Phone and Zoom Contact Center services must adhere to industry standards and legal requirements by being included in an approved 10DLC campaign to continue sending SMS/MMS. Failure to comply with this industry and legal requirement will result in the inability to send SMS/MMS messages.

The campaign registration checklist can be found here: Ensuring SMS/MMS 10DLC Campaign Compliance for Zoom Phone

You will no longer be able to send SMS/MMS if one of the below scenarios applies to you:

• If you are awaiting approval of an existing campaign and have not been able to assign numbers to a 10DLC campaign.
  • If you are trying to send messages from numbers that are not a part of an approved 10DLC campaign.
  • If you have acquired new numbers and not assigned them to a 10DLC campaign.
  • If you have not created your 10DLC brand and campaign.

To check the registration status of your phone numbers, access the Phone Numbers section of the Zoom Phone or Zoom Contact Center web portal and review the Messaging Verification Status. Any number that uses SMS/MMS will need to have the status of Verified on or before the July 10 deadline to continue using SMS/MMS.

Notes:

• Canada-to-Canada messaging will be exempted from this 10DLC requirement (however, regulations and requirements may be subject to change over time).
  • Canada-to-US messaging is included in the scope of the above requirement of 10DLC registration.

LEARN MORE: 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?
50 REPLIES 50

jswright57
Newcomer
Newcomer

How are we supposed to accomplish this when the 10DLC approvers don't seem to answer a campaign submission. I had one open since March 3rd with no action after several nudges from Zoom. I just deleted and started over based on Zoom advice. I am hoping it gets approved before the 31st! It is pretty crazy. 

It is May 29th. I resubmitted my campaign based on Zoom advice on May 13th and nothing yet! Is there anything we can do to get this deadline extended. It does not seem fair that they will cut us off from sending simple text messages (not promotional) when the TCR or whoever approves the campaigns has not responded!! 

We're in a similar boat and would love an answer. Is there anything that we can do to get this deadline extended?

Unfortunately the deadline cannot be extended.  

I have seen multiple emails warning us. I have done everything possible since February to get it approved. I could understand this if it was for a company that just did not head the warnings!

PeterTech
Newcomer
Newcomer

What are you doing to fix the Opt Out message that now appears on all outgoing SMS messages.  This going out on every sent SMS is unnecessary to meeting the 10DLC requirements yet was turned on without warning.  Adjusting the campaign settings to set Opt out for first message only does not seem to work.  Are we waiting for someone to manually click a button or something for that to go into effect.  Can someone update this post to clarify what is actually happening, what we can expect and what the solution is to customize our implementation of the 10DLC requirements to match our use and business needs.  How long does an update to a campaign take and all that.  Zoom phone has been great but this implementation has been jarring.

This was a bug that was resolved last Tuesday via a hot fix. You should no longer see this as an issue.  If you do, please contact support.  

Cngaither
Newcomer
Newcomer

I need assistance with this. I do not have a website. My phone number is for a business that I'm in the process of phasing out. I need a text option for clients who need to reach me. Based on what you are saying/doing, I won't be able to send or receive messages that are not marketing. Please assist because this is really going to be an issue. I shouldn't have to give my personal cell phone number to clients to be able to communicate. I pay too much for your service for that. 

You will need some type of online presence.  Social Media handles are accepted.  Zoom does not support sole proprietor campaigns as of now

ddotcom12
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi. I cannot find any of this "access the Phone Numbers section of the Zoom Phone or Zoom Contact Center web portal and review the Messaging Verification Status. "   do you have a HOW TO video or something? I've never been able to send SMS from zoom.....so would love to fix this if possible.....

eli-hu
Newcomer
Newcomer

What if I'm not a business and don't have an EIN or a website? https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/SMS-for-individuals-10DLC/m-p/109211/highlight/true#M5598

Fonzie78
Newcomer
Newcomer

We are still pending and cannot afford to lose our SMS campaign.  I do not feel we were given adequate notice of the 10DLC deadline.  Can this be extended?  

We have resubmitted multiple times with the exact specifications listed on the failed for comments.  Our latest submission has been over 8 weeks ago.  

It is crazy. Mine was two months pending. Someone from Zoom said to delete and resubmit. Now today, someone said I should not have done that. I guess I am back to the bottom of the list. If they can't get through all the submissions, why are they imposing a hard deadline? 

Well, it appears that our ability to send a single simple text message have been turned off. Hard to believe they would do that when there are campaigns pending approval for so long! 

Unfortunately, the deadline cannot be extended.  

INV_JoshF
Newcomer
Newcomer

I just wanted to confirm – will those of us with pending campaigns still be able to receive SMS/MMS messages?

Unfortunately no, SMS will no longer work until the campaign is approved.  

Troy, I have been on pending status since July 2023. Do you know what could have happened? I submitted a ticket this morning, which I hope will resolve the issue. Is there any way to understand how long this will take? I can't imagine the wait list is possibly over 10 months?!!?!

GreggMigliore
Newcomer
Newcomer

If we have not applied for 10DLC approval yet will we be able to apply after May 31st?

Yes you can apply at anytime.  Just note that after May 31st you will have to wait for the capaign to be approved before you will be able to use SMS with Zoom.  

Yes, please follow our support article https://zoomus.service-now.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059336 which includes a checklist to be followed for the best chances of approvals.

Fonzie78
Newcomer
Newcomer

I just received an email notice stating that our SMS campaign has been successfully provisioned!  We are unsure as to what our next steps are but I feel we are definitely on the right track. 

For those who would like to know what it took to get approved... we had failed twice before.  I last submission was over 8 weeks ago.  We had been waiting for the response since then.  

Please follow our support article https://zoomus.service-now.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059336 which explains how to add phone numbers to the campaign once it is approved.

edwardschembo
Newcomer
Newcomer

What if we have 10DLC campaign approval elsewhere? For example, I have a 10DLC campaign from Twilio which is approved. Can I use that 10DLC campaign ID?

I have the same question.  I have a different number with a different service approved for my business and want to know if there is a way to use that approval to get my zoom number approved as well or do I have to get a new separate approval from my zoom number?

How was your experience getting approved with Twilio? Did it take as long? 

I did through my High Level account, I believe they use Twillio still, and it took 1 day.

It does not transfer from another provider; you will need to submit separately through Zoom.

GreggMigliore
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a different number with a different service 10DLC approved for my business and want to know if there is a way to use that approval to get my zoom number approved as well or do I have to get a new separate approval from my zoom number?  also where do I go in my account to apply if I do have to apply separately?

It does not transfer from another provider; you will need to submit separately through Zoom.  Please follow our support article https://zoomus.service-now.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059336 which includes a checklist to be followed for the best chances of approvals

araymondmft
Newcomer
Newcomer

Troy, I have an approved "Brand" and am now trying to create a campaign. When I go to create the campaign and get to the "Campaign Type" dropdown menu, all that comes up is "no data." How can I create a campaign on my brand when this happens?

abelincoln
Newcomer
Newcomer

We ended up deleting and resubmitting our campaign originally submitted in August 2023 and updated/revised in January 2024. 

Based on a submission date of 06/04, can you give any assurance that the process will be complete prior to the new 06/17 deadline? 

Many of us are doing everything possible to get this accomplished and we're very frustrated that there is little communication or collaboration on the Zoom end on timeline and expectations. 

We could use help from Zoom in getting this task accomplished. Please assist us in providing:

- frequent status updates 

- collaboration when a request is pending and not yet approved

- individual and customized assistance in meeting requirements if we fall short

If you followed the checklist in our support article, this gives you the best chances of getting your campaign approved. https://zoomus.service-now.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059336

abelincoln
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you MM - we did, back in August of 2023, and again in January of 2024, and again yesterday 06/04. All of our messages are conversational and we do not mass-text (spam) so the vast vast majority of the requirements do not apply to our users. 

Given the 06/17 deadline, when should we expect a turnaround on our campaign given it was submitted yesterday? We want to get this right this time and your help is tremendously appreciated. 

Abe 

If this checklist was followed, then you have the best chances of being approved.  You can also nudge your request after it has been pending for 2 weeks.

What is the 6/17 deadline? Our ability to send texts was turned off on 5/31. 

The 5/31 block was lifted and extended to 6/17.  If you do not have an approved campaign with phone numbers added by 6/17, your SMS will be blocked again.

Wonder why Zoom did not send an email to let people know. I even have a support case going to help nudge the process. I am trying to be hopeful that this means they are doing whatever is possible to get through the backlog of pending campaigns!

Well, I was happy to receive the email Zoom sent out yesterday with the updated submission dates and guidelines to be a little more lenient related to having a pending campaign. However today I got another rejection. Each time, they add something new! Why can't they tell you everything at the same time? I am not sure what is wrong though. The rejection states: "Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data". We do not see anything that sounds like that in our privacy policy however. Does anyone have experience with that rejection reason? Also, I have stated that we are not collecting phone numbers.