Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Campaign Rejected because of privacy policy

isingh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, 

Our company SMS campaign was rejected for this reason. 

• Upstream CNP declined sharing request for campaign CQK8SXB. Explanation: You do not have a privacy policy on your website. Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data

We do have a privacy policy on our website. Here is the link: https://oakland.gocitywide.com/privacy-policy/

The privacy policy does not say anything about selling the data.

Not sure how to address this. Please help. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

ShannonTJ
Explorer
Explorer

I am having a very similar issue. I provided the policy and website, and the rejection was due to supposedly saying I sold data, which I do not. The privacy policy explicitly says that client data is NOT sold, the exact opposite of the reason for the rejection.

Is Zoom using AI to review and that AI isn't quite dialed in?

isingh
Newcomer
Newcomer

I see posts from other users on the same issue. There is no solution provided by Zoom or anyone else. Do you have any suggestions? How do we resolve this? 

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi  @isingh  @ShannonTJ  thank you for posting to the Zoom Community!

I am sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with your campaign creation. Our team recently held a  Zoom 10DLC SMS Campaign Enforcement Webinar that goes over how to successfully submit your campaign as well as common rejection reasons and how to fix them- privacy being one of the most common.  I highly encourage you to view the recording here:Recording - Zoom 10DLC SMS Campaign Enforcement Webinar. It has some great tips and information. 

Please let me know how it goes and if you found it helpful! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

ShannonTJ
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for replying, CarlaA, and if you had been carefully reading the messages posted, you'd see that the issues are not on the side of the client, but rather the approval agency.

For example, my privacy policy STATES clear as can be that I do not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise provide others any data for marketing or any other purposes. However, my rejection was based on the reviewer stating that I said I sold data.

Others have had the same rejection, plus being told they were rejected because there WAS no policy? Now, how can there be NO privacy policy AND SIMULTANEOUSLY be rejected because the privacy policy says they sell data? That doesn't make any sense.

Watching a Zoom seminar a billion times will not change the fact that whomever is reviewing the policies are doing a poor job and I'm not going to sit through a Zoom seminar to try to figure out what incantation would force these folks to actually READ what was put in front of them.

Besides, I don't even use SMS for marketing. I use it for communications - as is the client and I have a conversation through it.

Would it be possible to have someone at Zoom actually read the comments and provide intelligent insight and assistance instead of a copy-pasted response to some help video which could not address the issue even if everyone on planet Earth watched the thing on a continuous loop for a week straight while taped to the chair?