Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving sms alerts

lcordell
Newcomer
Newcomer

Not quite sure how to word this one.

I set up Zoom phone to use while out of the country, I want to point certain accounts to this number, however I'm not receiving the alert texts that normally contain a verification pin/number i.e. a bank verification message.

SMS is set up correctly, I can send and receive texts on my phone/desktop app, does anyone have any insight? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Kev
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @lcordell - welcome to the Zoom Community!

Many of these verification SMS messages are sent using an SMS short code (a 5-6 digit number that companies use to send out many SMS messages at once). Currently, Zoom Phone can't receive messages from these SMS short codes, so I recommend you use a regular carrier phone number to receive these messages.

For more information, see our SMS FAQs: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040413932--Frequently-asked-questions-about-SMS#h_01ESV... 

Let me know if that helps!

It's been close to a year and we still can't receive short code SMS. This is sad. Is it really that complicated to fix this?

Is this still accurate? The link you posted (updated 7/20/22) appears to advise that SMS short code now works but my organization is still not able to receive them. Is it specific to a particular zoom client version that is distributed and if so which? Also is this only applicable to zoom.com or also to zoomgov.com?

mherrera782
Newcomer
Newcomer

dephrase, same here we still can't receive short code SMS. Something is not right. I'm going to contact them to see why this is.