cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomize Hold Music

bcosta
Newcomer
Newcomer

Does anyone know a way we can randomize the hold music? Instead of having one hold music it can ran

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @bcosta.

Great idea!  Unfortunately not a feature currently available that I’m aware of. Consider submitting a Feature Request here: https://www.zoom.us/feed

I know customers -- and especially regular-calling clients -- get frustrated at hearing the same hold music over, and over, and over… I do too!

A workaround would be to create/upload different tracks, and have someone “manually rotate” them, say daily or weekly. It's not difficult:

• Find hold music (I use Envato Elements to grab and license music, images, and stock video)
  • Load tracks to your Zoom Phone asset library
  • Go to the phone or Call Queue Music On Hold setting and select "Choose from Asset Library."

Ray_Harwood_1-1690826654789.png

If you're talking about setting this up for a Call Queue, you could probably grant access to this setting to a group of people, and just set up a rotating schedule of a different audio track each day of the week.  If it's just for you, then maybe just change it once a week or month. Also seems like something that could be automated using the Zoom API -- but that's beyond me at this point!

Let me know if you need some additional guidance or suggestions.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi!  Need your help.  Is Hold Music different than Music on Hold???  I am in marketing and have created a file that I want to be played company wide when our customers are on hold and I was told that it would need to be uploaded to each user/phone, manually, one by one.  

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi thatonelady,

You can use the Zoom Phone audio library to set default audio for some Zoom Phone prompts and greetings. These prompts and greetings are usually played before routing the call but also include Hold Music.  You can have different settings for one or more sites.

Note: If you want to restrict phone users' access to change these settings, change your policy settings for personal audio library. By default, phone users can change their Audio Prompt Language, Voicemail Greeting, Message Greeting, and Hold Music. You can only change the Audio While Connecting at the site level (if you enabled multiple sites) or account level.

For more details, please see:

Customizing default audio settings (zoom.com)

Eliot_0-1715356247699.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot