cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99 / 5.000 Share computer audio in Zoom with MacBook Pro (2019), AirPods (3rd generation) and Rode

Nykita
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

On Thursday, I have to hold a workshop via Zoom as a final exam in a training course. Last week I tested the technical setup and everything worked, today I wanted to do another test and suddenly the sound no longer does what it should. 😐

My setup:

MacBook Pro (2019) with MacOS Sonomona 14.6.1.

Zoom Workplace 6.1.11.

AirPods Pro (3rd generation with noise-canceling)

Rode NT-USB microphone

Spotify in the paid version

In the workshop, I will first do a spoken intro and then lead exercises where music is playing. For this, in Zoom I set "Computer audio" > "Share" i(via "Share" > "Advanced"). During the test last week, the sound was then shared via the computer speakers and the participants could hear it just like I could.

Today, the sound was suddenly shared on my AirPods. The participants could also hear the sound, but I was really confused that the sound was now in my AirPods instead of coming from the speakers like last week - and was therefore a bit further away for me.

I haven't done any updates in the meantime or changed anything about the technology or the settings of the technology. I just turned off and restarted the laptop and plugged the microphone in, and then unplugged it again.

I use the AirPods because 

- I need to be able to move around now and then (wired headphones would be difficult)

- and because they have noise canceling built in (there are constant background noises that would irritate me during the exam).

Does anyone have any idea where I need to adjust which settings so that I get the same result as last week, i.e. I hear the participants through my AirPods, speak into the Rode microphone and play the music through the MacBook speakers?

Thanks for your help!

0 REPLIES 0