cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need simple answer: Metering charges for call forwarding?

mandak

I haven't found a clear answer, so, I am hoping someone can help (and that their response can help others):

• I recently signed up for the Zoom US & Canada Unlimited plan for my small business.
  • I paid for one license
  • My business partner and I would like to set up the Auto Receptionist so that if someone dials our Zoom phone number, they can get routed to either my or my partner's cell phone based on which option they choose. This way, each of us can have separate extensions listed on our business cards
    • To make this more visual:
      • External caller calls Zoom phone number -> Auto receptionist responds and says "Dial 1 for Person A or Dial 2 for Person B" -> Externall caller dials 1 and call gets routed to my cell phone number (NOT the Zoom mobile app)

Question: Besides the charge from my cell provider, will Zoom also charge me (either through a single fee or metering) for that call forwarding service? If yes, what is the fee and where can I read more about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mandak.

My understanding is that having the US & Canada Unlimited plan applies only to the phone number to which it is assigned. If your US/CA Unlimited Plan is assigned to the phone number which references the Auto Receptionist, there should be no charge. If the US/CA plan is assigned to another phone number, then calls forwarded will be billed at the Pay as you Go rates. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @mandak.

My understanding is that having the US & Canada Unlimited plan applies only to the phone number to which it is assigned. If your US/CA Unlimited Plan is assigned to the phone number which references the Auto Receptionist, there should be no charge. If the US/CA plan is assigned to another phone number, then calls forwarded will be billed at the Pay as you Go rates. 

mandak

Thank you, @Ray_Harwood . This is the answer that I was looking for. For anyone else who has this same question, you can find the Zoom Phone Pay as you Go rates here: https://zoom.us/billing/pbx/rates

Ray_Harwood

That’s, @mandak! I was just looking for that too. If you’re not expecting too many calls, Pay as You Go rates aren’t bad.