cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call cannot be completed as dialed error on inbound calls

Eyore2024
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been having intermittent issues with answering inbound calls from a queue. The call rings to both my cell phone and computer. When I try to answer on my cell phone, I get an error that "Your call cannot be completed as dialed." The call still rings to my computer and is able to be answered successfully. When I look at my call log afterwards, I see an outbound dial to +11234567 that is time stamped at the same time the call came in. This does not happen with every call but does occur at least once or twice a day. After this occurs, I always the Google Play Store and the app is up to date (current version 6.1.11 (23987). The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S21+, Android version 14. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi eyore2024,

Intermittent issues are difficult to troubleshoot.  Sounds like it could be a Samsung issue since your phone sometimes dials a sample phone number instead of answering the call.  Because there are interactions between zoom phone and your Samsung cell phone, we should rule out what we can.  I would try uninstalling zoom workplace app (zoom cloud meetings) and then reinstall it.  If that doesn't work, I would contact Samsung or your carrier to see if this may be a known problem and if a solution is available.

Uninstall using the Google Play Store

1. Open the Google Play Store.
  2. In the search bar, type Zoom Cloud Meetings.
  3. Tap Zoom Cloud Meetings.
  4. Tap Uninstall.
  5. When prompted Do you want to uninstall this app?, tap OK
  6. Once completed, reinstall Zoom on the Google Play Store

Uninstall from within Settings

If you are having issues uninstalling using the Google PlayStore, or installed Zoom using the APK file, Zoom can also be removed from within the Android settings menu.

Note: Android Settings menus may be different from below due to the Android version or device manufacturer.

1. Go to Settings on your Android device. 
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Scroll down, then tap the Zoom app.
  4. Tap Uninstall.
  5. When prompted, Do you want to uninstall this app?, tap OK.
  6. Once completed, reinstall Zoom on the Google Play Store

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot