cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really crappy video zoom recording. arrgh!

PeaceActionME
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have a very important event coming up, I would like to record it to our icloud account but just a few days ago-although my iphone was on 4K, when we went back to produce the program, the video was just about the worst I have ever seen it--- compared to ANY  time EVER I've ever recorded something. What are other organizations doing to try to improve quality? I was shocked to see the product. I've tried to get help for our account, but a bot is there to not connect me. When I'm frustrated and disappointed, the bots turn me into someone who isn't rational!

thank you for any help ahead of time...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Are you using Zoom to record? Your post references iCloud, which is why I ask.

If using Zoom, please peruse the many community posts regarding FHD-quality recording best practices. Zoom WILL NOT record cameras in 4K at the time of this post - 1920x1080 is the maximum camera resolution supported. Content sharing (you could share a camera as content with reduced framerate) will capture at 4K.

What are other organizations doing to try to improve quality?

Not using Zoom as a recording tool - recording quality and the concept of 'clean feeds' are an afterthought for Zoom and a conferencing platform's cloud recording mechanism that aims to optimize bandwidth is not suitable for professional use. Look into Riverside.fm, which is what most major companies (Disney/Marvel, Microsoft, Spotify, etc) use.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko

Are you using Zoom to record? Your post references iCloud, which is why I ask.

If using Zoom, please peruse the many community posts regarding FHD-quality recording best practices. Zoom WILL NOT record cameras in 4K at the time of this post - 1920x1080 is the maximum camera resolution supported. Content sharing (you could share a camera as content with reduced framerate) will capture at 4K.

What are other organizations doing to try to improve quality?

Not using Zoom as a recording tool - recording quality and the concept of 'clean feeds' are an afterthought for Zoom and a conferencing platform's cloud recording mechanism that aims to optimize bandwidth is not suitable for professional use. Look into Riverside.fm, which is what most major companies (Disney/Marvel, Microsoft, Spotify, etc) use.