cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default email address on invites

RussK
Newcomer
Newcomer

I use the Zoom app on my desktop to send invitation for Zoom meetings: I need to change the default email address as I am phasing out that email.  How to change it permanently to my new email address?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @RussK 

Are you referring to changing the email associated with your Zoom account, ie the email address you sign-in with? Or are you referring to the calendar service that you can export your meeting to and send invites through, ie Gmail or Outlook? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Hi @RussK 

Are you referring to changing the email associated with your Zoom account, ie the email address you sign-in with? Or are you referring to the calendar service that you can export your meeting to and send invites through, ie Gmail or Outlook? 

I have been scheduling through ZOOM and the invitation is automatically generated in Outlook using the initial email address I used when setting up the account. I have changed all of the email acounts I am allowed to change on my profile, but I cannot find a way to change the default. I am about to phase out that email address and need to use another.

I am referring to the calendar service that I can export my meeting to and send invites through in Outlook.

My default email functionality is not going into my Email account.  

I don't want to change my email within Zoom.  I don't know why while in a meeting the default functionality is not working.  Instead of going to my email with the Meeting Address and Phone number, it defaults to my Google Page.

dixonconsulting
Newcomer
Newcomer

His is a real problem and I see that there is no solution.  If I cannot resolve I will have to cancel this service and seek sign up with a new account, It will likely not be with Zoom though, seeing as their is not support offered for the Pro level user.  

Wizzo21
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem. When I generate a meeting, zoom opens an outlook message with the sender being an email address I no longer use. The drop down box only allows me to choose another email address that I don't want to use for this purpose. It is impossible to choose or insert another sending email address. Why is this not possible? Zoom allowed me to change the account email but does not allow that as the email address from which invitations re sent.