cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app vs. web

jdaigle48
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm admin using the zoom app. One participant is using the web. When he clicks on 'record', he gets the message 'please ask for permission' but is aware of no way to send the message to me to 'approve'. Other participants (don't know if they're using app or web) are having no problem and I get the box to 'approve'. Is this an issue with app vs. web or is the participant just clueless on how to send the 'ask'?

1 REPLY 1

RN
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @jdaigle48 welcome to the community! Suggest looking into the Knowledge Base article on Recording without the host. This really depends if the user is local recording or cloud recording, according to the KB.

By default, only the host can initiate a Local Recording. If another participant would like to record, the host will need to provide permission to that participant during the meeting; which seems to be what your participant is experiencing. 

If Cloud Recording is enabled on your account and when the first participant joins the meeting, the recording will begin automatically without the host in the meeting. This recording will saved to and can be accessed at the host's My Recordings page.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!