cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom service lags in both audio and video

skyword
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having trouble with my Zoom platform.  I normally have multiple tabs open while I tutor kids.  I am experiencing the audio spitting and crackling as well as the video glitching the whole time I am connected.

I am receiving notice suggesting that I close tabs to alleviate audio issues.  Strange, this is.  I have reduced my normally used tabs to just one or two and it still continues to happen.

My internet speeds are high (upload and download tests over 900). 

Does anyone have any ideas?  Crucial to my ability to work....Thank You 

2 REPLIES 2

skyword
Newcomer
Newcomer

...and it happens when I am sharing a screen most often.  But it also happens with just conducting regular screen time, with tabs just sitting awaiting use.  

mgbischof

I also began experiencing this problem just last week. I have been using Zoom for years and always have had the ability to have multiple tabs and many programs running in the background. But not, opening just one additional program causes audio crackling, screen freezing, and even complete dropout. This is so frustrating because something has obviously changed. The only thing different on my end was hardware - installing a new Lenovo curved screen monitor.  And the only think I can do to fix the problem is not have any programs running except for Zoom, and especially not try to open another program while running Zoom. Help!