cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom kicks me (host) out with 2 particular clients but not others.

dklee109
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi.  I am a private tutor and I use Zoom all day long to meet individually with my students.  I have 2 students that Zoom repeatedly kicks me out when I am meeting with them.  It lets me rejoin, but about 7-10 minutes later kicks me out again and again.  I have verified that I am up to date. I have version 5.7.7.  Anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Are you on a Paid account?

Are you Screen Sharing during your kick-outs - and do you get any specific error message?

It may be worthwhile to ask the two students whether they are up to date also - and establish what devices they are connecting with.

Rupert

I think my first reply didn't go through.  Yes, I am sharing my whiteboard.  There is never a message.  Just knocked out of meeting.  One student just purchased a HP Microsoft Surface Laptop Go and Zoom is up to date.  The other student's parent is checking on zoom update for me.

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions you have!

Rupert

Hi again,

Do your students get knocked-out too - what are they experiencing at their end while you are gone? 

Are you able to re-join the exact same meeting and find your students where you left off, or do you start a new meeting and have them join that?

Are there any other participants in the Meeting when the problem occurs, other than you and the student at any one time?

Could these two student's Zoom accounts be administered by an organization, like a school?

This may just take some process of elimination.

Rupert  

Do your students get knocked-out too - what are they experiencing at their end while you are gone?  

No, they do not get kicked out    They wait while I rejoin  I just hear the sound that Zoom gives when you get dropped  i wait a short time for the Zoom screen to unfreeze and show the new meeting or join buttons  I click join , use drop down arrow to select the meeting, and then join with my audio  they just patiently wait  I usually am reconnected in about 2 minutes or less 

Are you able to re-join the exact same meeting and find your students where you left off, or do you start a new meeting and have them join that?

Yes, I rejoin.  

Are there any other participants in the Meeting when the problem occurs, other than you and the student at any one time?

The meeting is always me (my computer), my iPad (for whiteboard feature), and the student.  

Could these two student's Zoom accounts be administered by an organization, like a school? One student is homeschooled and using personal lap top  other student is in college (personal new laptop)  she downloaded Zoom from web