cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom background always blurred

MP241
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using Samsung/Android and just today noticed I can't remove the blur from my Zoom background.  I have tested on different Zoom accounts and the "blur" is on all of them.    It is not quite as blurred as the "Blur" option in the "Background & Effects" but clearly out of focus even thoughts I tap "none" .

This seriously affects my work so would urgently need help.
Has anyone seen this behavior or know how to correct it?

2 REPLIES 2

JanetH27
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue with my Samsung Phone.  I managed to turn it off on my PC but the option isn't on my phone.   Its a dropdown on the bottom that has the pic of the camera "Start Video", where you turn it on or off in the meeting.  That drop down list has a selection that says Blur My Background (different to Choose Virtual Background).  That turned the issue off on the PC, but the dropdown doesn't appear on my phone.  I thought if I changed it on my PC it would flow through to my phone, being the same account, but no. 

JanetH27
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ive solved it.  I have a samsung phone.  When I was in the meeting, the video icon came up at the very top of my screen of my phone, I swiped down and a menu came up (I assume a phone based menu, not zoom based) I then was able to select - remove or no blur, (cant remember). OMG this has taken forever to work out.  Yell out if you need help.