Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my zoom invitation have an extension "?omn=[11digitnumber]"

hellommd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi!

All of a sudden our zoom invitations have this weird "?omn=[11digitnumber]" extension added. Is there a way to remove this extension? Security is set to Waiting Room, and the others are already disabled. 

Please help! 

Thanks,

HelloMMD

5 REPLIES 5

PGbronco10
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same question. I typically set several meetings a week using my PMI. Realized all the links are different this week (same Meeting ID / Passcode but random numbers on the end). Are the links interchangeable?

humanist
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,  Did you ever get an answer?  The same thing started happening to my account and also a friend's this week.  I contacted Zoom support via chat and the agent didn't know about this, but did create a ticket.  I did have a friend start a Zoom using the long link, but I joined in using the original PMI and it worked!  Still, we need to know if we can count on that working in the future, and if we can just edit off and throw away the ?omn(###) part.  Thank you for any insights you can share.  : )

SamyS
Newcomer
Newcomer

hey! i actally did some testing and seems like the omn### is a specific identifier for the meeting happening with the PMI. It was actually super helpful to keep because it allows you to stay operating within the same PMI but the attendee can only join with their link at the designated time. 🤷‍♀️ 

For our use case, this works nicely as the sales team stays within their zoom room without having to jump in and out on different links. While it looks a little messy on the calendar invites, Im still happy with it.

If you dont want to give the unique meeting link, you can always give the regualr PMI link 🙌🏻

Thank you SamyS!  That helps a whole lot as my friend has a widely shared PMI link for his business and was concerned clients would not connect or at the lease be confused by unique longer links.  Cheers!

SamyS
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yeah same thing here for the CEO as well. She LIVES in her zoom room. The unique omn links have not affected her ops going forward.

happy to help!