cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB audio channel for Zoom Meeting output

trevor1955
Newcomer
Newcomer

What USB channels does Zoom Meeting use for audio output by default?

Is it possible to select different USB channels?

2 REPLIES 2

tonystark1122
Newcomer
Newcomer

To set up a USB audio channel for Zoom Meeting output, follow these steps:

1. **Connect USB Device**: Plug in your USB audio device (like a headset or external microphone) to your computer.

2. **Open Zoom**: Launch the Zoom application.

3. **Access Settings**: Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner to open the Settings menu.

4. **Select Audio**: Go to the “Audio” section.

5. **Choose USB Device**: Under "Speaker" and "Microphone," select your USB audio device from the dropdown menu.

6. **Test Audio**: Use the "Test Speaker" and "Test Mic" options to ensure everything is working correctly.

7. **Save Settings**: Once everything is set up, click "OK" or "Apply" to save your changes.

This will route your Zoom audio through the USB device for both input and output. 

Thank you Tony, but I think you may have missed the point of my question.

I want to configure Zoom Meeting to output on specific USB audio channels. For example, left audio channel on USB channel 37, and right audio channel on USB channel 38.

The other apps I use default to the USB channels assigned to my computer, but Zoom Meeting seems to insist on using USB channel 1 for left audio and USB channel 2 for right audio. It seems to ignore the channels assigned to the computer. 

i hope this clarifies my question.