cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition from WorkingLive to Zoom direct?

ChrisThompson
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Last night I got an email from Zoom about the WorkingLive relationship ending.  The email was very thin on content and offered only GENERIC links to the Zoom website to sign up for an account.

The communication from Zoom is really poor here.  Has anyone on the WorkingLive plan done the transition yet? 

The email says: "You can easily sign up for a new Zoom account directly on our website. Please visit this link to create a new account."

But we already have accounts. We already login with the Zoom website. 

Are we to assume that we create a "new" account but using the exact same email address on file? And then when we upgrade to a paid Zoom account all our stuff will auto-magically transition?

We won't lose recurring meeting links or cloud recordings?

Hopefully someone from Zoom will read this and offer actual details beyond the super-thin details provided by email. 

26 REPLIES 26

ChrisThompson
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Update: My biz partner just tried to transition his account. He tried to sign up to the Business Plan and got this error.  What an HORRIBLE experience Zoom has created here.

"This account is already associated with a paid plan; please contact your administrator at support@workinglive"

WTF, Zoom? Whoever you put in charge of this campaign has dropped the ball and is giving your customers a horrible experience.

Hi Chris, did your partner 'unassociate' the account from workinglive first?

Hey - yeah I got a reply to my ticket indicating the same. They also said that I will 100% lose access to all my cloud recordings even if I do this transition. So that sucks.  Not very forward thinking of Zoom.  But at least it allows us to re-use the same email address and hopefully not lose recurring events.

adipetrasca
Newcomer
Newcomer

I believe a lot of us will be impacted and would like to understand what to expect exactly as I want to keep the same account credentials. Please keep us updated if you get any updates!

ZoomDude2
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am in the same boat and have the same questions.  I just sent a support ticket to Zoom to see what they say, but I don't have high hopes. Very confusing communication indeed!

Zoom just sent another email that shows how to unassociate your account and purchase online. Here is the Knowledge Article on how to do it. Its pretty simple and when you repurchase a Pro licence, all your settings are there!

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

On August 31st, 2024, Zoom and WorkingLive’s partnership came to an end. Unfortunately, this has led to the termination of your subscription with Zoom that is associated with WorkingLive.

You are able to unassociate your account and purchase a new plan with the steps below.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Profile.
  3. Click Unassociate and create your own account.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you would like to unassociate and create your own account.
  5. You will be redirected back to your Account Profile and briefly shown a message that you have successfully unassociated your account.
  6. Your Account Profile page will now show you as the Owner of a Free account.  You can now subscribe to a paid plan.

Please note that recordings will reappear once you purchase a new plan; however, historical reporting was tied to the original account, so you will lose access to them when you disassociate.  If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi - thanks for this.  Can you clarify that RECORDINGS will stay in the account, but historical "reporting" is what we lose? Need to make sure that was not a typo.

Will I keep all my cloud recordings?

MGSR

Hi @ChrisThompson

Yes, you will not lose all the recordings, only the historical reporting.
To make sure that you'll have a backup, may I suggest downloading the cloud recordings?
You can check out this article on how to do so.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hi Mark,
We were unaware of this sudden new development (termination of Working Live partnership) and renewed our subscription in May 2024. Does that mean our balance months subscription is burned and we have to make a new subscription of zoom? Any possibility to transfer the balance paid to the new zoom subscription?

MGSR

Hello @tcfoffice

Please submit a ticket to our billing department for further assistance about your request.
Thank you and have great day

Mark
Zoom Community Team

I did try this method but when I sign into my Account Profile I don't see where to click on "Unassociate and create your own account". Do I need to do this through Working Live? 

Will I be able to keep the same Zoom link or will I have a new one? I have already created future appointments using my old account and this would mean I have to cancel them and reschedule. 

Thanks for your help 

Deirdre

MGSR

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @DDerby! It should be on your Zoom web profile. Kindly double check if you are logged in as the account owner. You should also be able to keep the Zoom link or previous meetings you had.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Yes, I am signed in to my account and it does list me as the owner of the account. 

MGSR

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please submit a ticket to our technical support team to have this reviewed. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

adipetrasca
Newcomer
Newcomer

Did I just loose my broadcasting abilities with this change? I can't see them in my Pro plan that I just upgraded to. 

MGSR

Just to verify, are you trying to livestream a meeting or webinar?

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hello Mark and thank you for the prompt reaction! 

Yes, I was indeed refering to the livestream to Facebook/Youtube option. 
After upgrading to Pro, I had a pop-up mentioning I have this option, but when I checked, I can't find the option. 

Looking forward to your reply! 

MGSR

Thank you for the confirmation. Your ability to livestream has not changed, though the settings may have. You may check out these articles for live streaming on Facebook and Youtube. You can also try The Zoom Live Streaming app, which allows meeting and webinar hosts to live stream their session to up to 3 different live streaming services simultaneously. YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch streams are available, while custom RTMP streams can also be configured.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hello Mark!
I am getting an error when trying to select where to livestream to. 
Whatever channel I choose, I get the error "You cannot stream to this platform. Please check your Zoom settings." Can you please guide me what settings this is referring to or where should I ask for support?

Thank you!

MGSR

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, can you kindly check if the live streaming has been enabled?

Mark
Zoom Community Team

adipetrasca
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Mark! 
I managed to enable it but still can't find any option to livestream my session to a Facebook group. 
When everything was so simple, did someone really need to make it so complicated? 
Even with an IT background, I find that somebody really messed up bad over there. 

MGSR

Hello @adipetrasca

I understand your frustration. Please submit a ticket to our technical support team for additional troubleshooting. 

I hope this gets resolved soon.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Alina1978
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Is there any refund going to be issued for everyone that paid for one year subscription with Workinglive and got only a couple of months before the subscription was cancelled?

What is going to happen with the lost cloud recordings???

hi, you may write to Working Live to request for a pro-rate refund of unused months of subscription. We have received our refund. We had downloaded all our cloud recordings before the termination.

Good to know that you received your refund.

I cannot download the recordings since I had no idea of this termination beforehand...