cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supernormal AI Notetaker keeps joining my Zoom calls.

suwanawich
Newcomer
Newcomer

Supernormal AI Notetaker keeps joining my Zoom calls unsolicited. How do I block this user or change my settings to not allow this user to enter my calls?

12 REPLIES 12

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@suwanawich - If you go into MarketPlace, you should be able to uninstall/remove the AI Notetaker application which would stop the application from joining your calls.

suwanawich
Newcomer
Newcomer

There are no applications listed in the MarketPlace area under "Created Apps", "Added Apps", and "App Requests".

colegs

Ah, you are trying to prevent it from joining when another participant has in installed, sorry for the confusion.  I am attaching a white paper that was written explaining some of the options for preventing 3rd party applications from joining your meetings.

All good. Thanks for the added information. Apologies, but I'm still not able to pinpoint the issue. Is there a certain setting I should toggle on or off?

colegs

The white paper does explain some of the advantages and disadvantages of various solutions, but I can say that if you only allow authenticated users, it should prevent a 3rd party app from joining since they cannot sign in.

Colegs, it seems that Zoom is also allowing these bots to BYPASS THE WAITING ROOM AND OVERTAKE RECORDINGS from the Account Holder. This has happened to me multiple times. That's unacceptable and should NOT require us forcing everyone to authenticate/sign in to participate. Can you advise and flag this huge issue?

colegs

@AnnieFran - Take a look at this and see if you can set it up to prevent 3rd party apps from joining your meetings. 

Colegs - this isn't just happening to my Zoom, others are reporting the issue and it's a major bug and vulnerability of Zoom if other people's apps BY DEFAULT can bypass waiting rooms, take over and steal recordings from the host, etc. What is Zoom doing about this? Can you flag it to leadership? For some reason, I can't find any where to report this but I'm not the only one who's having to waste time dealing with this security issue! Thank you!

colegs

@AnnieFran - You can report this by clicking on the question mark in the circle in the upper right corner of the client and selecting 'Report Problem'.  Without having information on specific conferences where this happened, it is impossible to see what is going on and how they can take over the host recording since this is not supported in any fashion within Zoom.

colegs_0-1724798577796.png

@colegs This document is a guide to using a Room Connector feature that does not appear enabled on my account and it appears to be an optin. I don't think you're understanding the issue I'm flagging to you - I, the account holder, am seeing meeting participants automatically BYPASS the waiting room AND steal / overtake the recording of the meeting. There appears to be ZERO setting I can change or uncheck etc. to stop this on Zoom's end - it should not even be possible and it's infuriating as an account holder. I had a paid program benefit (a recording) that I was unable to deliver to 70 people because this is happening.

I do not want to force authentication (signing in) or the use of a passcode - which would make it harder for participants to join. WHY on earth is 1) this happening with AI note takers? And 2) When will Zoom fix it so this cannot happen by default as it is currently happening? Thank you for flagging this to whoever you can. 

colegs

@AnnieFran - This document is intended to cover multiple types of issues that could cause an external party to be able to join and record your meeting, one of which is taking advantage of the Room Connector logic.  There is no process I have ever seen for taking over the host recording, so I would have to see specifics from when this occurred to have a better idea of what is going on.

If preventing participants from having to validate their authenticity is not acceptable, there is not much Zoom can do to determine if a participant is valid or not.  And without the specific meeting instance, I am not able to piece together what is happening to have the host recording lose control.

Sinnwell
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have opened ticket TS1434106 for an issue identical to this with Fireflies.ai, and ticket TS1319507 for Read.ai.  This is like playing whack-a-mole with AI tools which our users are being tricked into granting permission to use Zoom on their behalf.  I think the workflow goes something like this:
1. Our employee joins a meeting where someone is using one of these tools.

2. Said tool sends a summary to all attendees of that meeting.

3. To view the summary, our employee is required to create a "free" account at the AI tool website

4. During the creation process, the tool asks the user for access to use their Zoom and Teams account.  The user doesn't know any better and grants access to view the summary.

5. All future meetings joined by our user in Teams and Zoom now bring this Notetaker bot along with them for the ride, against our company's policies.

There should be an easy way for us to search these Notetakers out in the Dashboard, or see all places where our employees have granted access to another system to access Zoom on their behalf.  We have blocked the apps in Marketplace, but they are getting around this by using some sort of API access or something.  If I could see any time a user grants access to use their Zoom authentication, I could go through and make a request to block all of these tools.  Even better would be to allow me to find them and just block them as I find them without having to open a request with Support.