cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound share issues with Apple Music

Breathflow
Newcomer
Newcomer
 I primarily use zoom with sharing my music in the background.

I use the advanced screen share, share audio. 

I have done some troubleshooting and people on the other end can hear the shared audio with youtube and spotify, but when I open and use apple music, they cannot hear it. They used to be able to...this has happened only in the past couple of weeks. I can't remember if it was in conjunction with a recent update. 

Any help?
7 REPLIES 7

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@Breathflow 

This kind of behavior would be consistent with some kind of Digital rights management (DRM), but I am not sure if this could be the case here.

Are you using an Apple computer?

Rupert

nxw
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am experiencing this same thing. it works with youtube but not apple music 

Beninspire
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ive been que experiencing this issue since the last update. I’m a mac user sharing mostly Spotify. I cannot find anything about how to fix it. 

Spearmint
Newcomer
Newcomer

My amazing wife has been having this issue for weeks, hoping to quit Spotify and use Music. She just figured it out. Music has its own audio router built in, represented by a triangle with sound arcs coming out of it (top right corner of the main Music menu). Tell it to route through your computer instead of sending it to a BT speaker (which was her issue). Zoom and your Mac will still send audio to the BT, as long as they are set too, but Music will send it's audio to the computer first, so it can then be shared with your Zoom feed. AYAYAYAE!! 😄

Breathflow
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks!

MuseHypno
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue. I too, share music in the background when I speak in session. It used to work fine, but now there is a scratchy noise added to the music whenever I screen share the audio. It's not just able music, but also for Quick Time Player. I tried both and the scratching noise is there. I am hoping someone has the answer for this problem here, as I am not able to use any background music at this time. 

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @MuseHypno 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! Glad to have you here.

First, we would advise to update your Zoom app to the latest version as well as your drivers. You may also try @Spearmint's solution and if these steps did not solve your concern, please let us know.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?