Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut Shift+Ctrl+C is interfering with my work

GuiDias_Fe
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, my friends!

I have been using Zoom for a short time, but there is something that is bothering me. I use Word a lot to write texts, as I work in journalism, and every time I execute the shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + C" in Word (which is a very common shortcut in Word and one that I use frequently), the Zoom window for screen recording opens and I cannot execute the command in Word. In other words, Zoom has the same command as Word. However, even with Zoom closed, when I try to execute this command in Word, I am prevented because the computer understands that the command is for Zoom, not for Word.

I would like you to help me go into Zoom settings and change this command, please, as it is greatly hindering my work!

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Not sure which version of Zoom you are using. The latest version 6.1.1 uses Ctrl+Alt+C to record a new clip and it is only global if it has been checked. Ctrl+Shift+C is not used in the latest version of Zoom.

Helper123
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, you can reassign the shortcut in Zoom to avoid the conflict. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Open the Zoom desktop client and sign in to your account.
  2. Click on your profile picture, then click Settings.
  3. In the settings window, select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
  4. Look for the shortcut that’s causing the conflict, such as “Start/Stop Local Recording” or another related to clip recording.
  5. Click on the shortcut and press a new key combination to reassign it.

After you’ve reassigned the shortcut in Zoom, the Ctrl+Shift+C should work as intended in other applications for copying styles or other functions. Remember to choose a combination that isn’t already in use by another application to avoid future conflicts.