Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding co-host

graceyin39
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I am not familiar with Zoom. I have a question. If Zoom user A invited Zoom user B as a co-host for a webinar in my organization, (both of them have webinar license), where will user B find the webinar? by the way, user B received the invite in email. I assume user B can find it under Meetings in her Zoom app or web portal, but it is not there. Where did it go?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@graceyin39 - The email User B received has the link and Webinar information, and should have a link in the email for adding it to their calendar.  If they do not add it to their calendar, it will not automatically show up in their upcoming meetings or webinars.

@colegs , thank you for your reply. User B clicked "Add calendar" link in the invite email which added the webinar to her Outlook calendar, but still not appears under Upcoming webinar page. User prefers to see the webinar in this page. How can she make that to happen? Need help! 

colegs

Unfortunately, Zoom doesn't show meetings and webinars that are hosted by other users, even if you are an alternate host.  They would only show up in your calendar.

I did some research online and it seems user B can see the meeting or webinar in Zoom if user A give user B schedule privilege. I need to test it. 

Ceezy

Zoom's alternative host feature allows another user to start and run a meeting or webinar in your place.

To designate an alternative host for a meeting or webinar in Zoom:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal

2. Click Meetings, then Schedule A Meeting

3. Scroll to Options and click Show

4. Enter the alternative host's email address in the Alternative Hosts field

5. Optionally, select the checkbox to allow alternative hosts to add or edit polls

6. Click Save

If the original host joins, the alternative host will receive an email with a link to start the meeting and become a co-host.

Just so you know, the alternative host must be a licensed user on the same account as the original host. For recurring events, the alternative host must be added for all occurrences.

@Ceezy , thank you for reply. User A has already added user B as the alternative host, but the webinar didn't appear in user B's upcoming webinar page. User B wants to see it there. How to approach it? Need help!