cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll results including user names without registration?

slinky
Explorer
Explorer

Individual registration can be very difficult to manage when dealing with student classes. In addition, sharing links can sometimes make the individual link option of limited value, even though it is an essential feature to have. Regardless of whether registration required is turned on/off, I'd prefer to have at least screen names be captured for polling results and reports, which I understand does not happen and "guest" is recorded instead. (I also appreciate the challenges of people having the same name, but that can be managed.)

I have heard that you can not have registration required and then turn it on after you set up the meeting, whereby users will need to enter their name and an email address and can proceed into the meeting with the same link, no individual links needed. Will that capture the registration information? That would be ideal getting screen names and email addresses. Has anyone tried this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response. I did something different which works well. You can create a zoom meeting and then require registration after. This creates one zoom link for everyone but requires them to enter their name upon entering the room so it is associated properly.

The reason why the unique link never works is because I'm running an online class for 16 sessions and the participants will never remember or want to use their own individual link, especially because I can't list 40 individual links in the calendar for them to reference in case they cannot find the invitation. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

meriment
Contributor I
Contributor I

To ensure names are accurately attached to polling results requiring registration is the best option. If you are having trouble managing Zoom meetings with registration there is a Zoom app, Salepager, that lets you send reminders and calendar invitations for Zoom meetings with registration with everyone's unique link. 

Thanks for the response. I did something different which works well. You can create a zoom meeting and then require registration after. This creates one zoom link for everyone but requires them to enter their name upon entering the room so it is associated properly.

The reason why the unique link never works is because I'm running an online class for 16 sessions and the participants will never remember or want to use their own individual link, especially because I can't list 40 individual links in the calendar for them to reference in case they cannot find the invitation.