cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned Video Not working. Only records in Speaker view.

Sonserae
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm an art teacher and want to record my art classes. I have tried numerous times to record my camera pointed down at my artwork and even when I pin that view, it only records in Speaker Mode...which is always my head!! The customer support on this app is non-existent and I'm about to cancel my subscription and go with another service. I also use music in my classes and no matter what preferences I select, it mutes out all music on the sessions. 

5 REPLIES 5

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Sonserae,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

I'm sorry for the difficulty you experienced.

Some recording layouts are possible with local recordings, some with cloud recordings, and some are possible for both.

In the case of local recordings, which are recorded to your computer, the captured content is based on how the participant who is recording sees the meeting. 

Cloud recordings are not based on any participant’s current view of the meeting but rather on the original host's cloud recording settings set before the meeting starts. These layouts are captured regardless of what views are used by the host, in contrast to local recordings. 

You may read more in this article.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Sonserae
Newcomer
Newcomer
 I log on first with my phone pointing down to the artwork. Then I add on my iPad which is a participant. I pin the phone on my iPad and it looks like the view is pinned on my phone and Ipad when recording. Then I look at the recorded video and my iPad view of my head is the only thing recorded. It doesn't make sense because the iPad is a "participant" and not the speaker view.

MGSR

Since the local recording layout is only available on the desktop client, your iPad will be recording via the cloud. It's possible that, before the meeting started, the cloud recording is set up to speaker view. I would recommend setting it up as Record active speaker with shared screen, and you can share the artwork on your host and then record it on your iPad.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Sonserae
Newcomer
Newcomer

Something changed in the set up. I've had zoom for a few years and have done workshops repeatedly. I was always able to record the pinned item. The fact that you can pin the view but it does not record the pinned view and instead always records the speakers view is something that has changed. I have repeatedly tested this out and it keeps recording the speaker view no matter what my preferences say. As an art teacher, this makes zoom useless for me to record my instructional videos. Either this is a bug or they made it impossible to turn off speaker view with a new update. Please fix this or I will need to cancel my subscription and go with another service.

MGSR

Hello @username

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please submit a ticket to our technical support team for further troubleshooting.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Mark
Zoom Community Team