cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Participant Notification in Chat

BGL
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am trying to figure out how I can get Zoom to list participants that join a meeting in the Chat as it happens and to have Zoom list who left the meeting in Chat as it happens. This was working on one of the accounts that I used until yesterday (08/22). Does anyone know how to turn this fearture on? 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BGL.

I think it's dependent on having Continuous Meeting Chat (CMC) enabled.  I haven't found this in a document, but I did a little test, and my assumption was confirmed.  However, the arrival-departures are not noted in the CMC until someone has actually put something in the Chat, which technically "starts" the CMC in Team Chat.

Ray_Harwood_0-1724379510034.png

See that it didn't annotate "Ray Harwood entered the meeting" earlier, but after some chat traffic occurred, his departure and re-arrival were noted.  The "Ray Harwood" was my personal account, not linked to my business account.  When I did invite a user that was on the same account, his entry was not annotated, so I'm guessing at this point that it only shows external attendees.  This is fine for those of us primarily on Basic and Pro accounts, but if you're on a large Business or Enterprise account, it could be important.

There's a trade-off of having CMC enabled just for this, but I like knowing who came in, and when.

Hope that helps.  Let me know if that doesn't match up with your experience!

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !