cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to update zoom client but can't uninstall due to missing installer location.

knc01
Newcomer
Newcomer

When trying to update zoom I attempted to uninstall, that shows the location doesnt have the files it needs, I tried downloading and installing a new version that failed for same reason the tool keeps looking for the installation location which doesn't exist. I tried the cleanzoomtool also same results, maybe I should remove via registry?

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @knc01 ,
Thank you for contributing to the Zoom community!  You do not have to uninstall the Zoom software to update. If you go to zoom.us/download and find the Zoom meeting client that fits your OS, you can install it to the default location, and it will have the Zoom installer embedded in the file. 

Conversely, you can also click on your profile on the Zoom Desktop Client and then click on check for updates and the client will look to see if there are any new software releases that are available for your device. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

knc01
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you, we must have something else going on because when I try a reinstall of a new client it goes to the installer error message, where it is looking for the install.msi file.