cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name on my screen when I join a Zoom call

KristiRunge
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi there. Whenever one particular person emails me a Zoom link to join a call and I join, the name that displays on my little mini-screen is my former boss and not my name. I checked my Zoom account and confirmed that it is only showing my name in all "account owner" fields. So, I'm wondering if this issue is stemming on the sender's side? He gets agitated every time he sees my former boss's name and wants me to get this fixed ASAP. I feel like I've done the due diligence on my end and am beginning to wonder if this issue needs to be fixed on his end. Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

CloudCat
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

This may be because you have not actually logged into the Zoom client application for some time on your device and you may be launching the meeting by clicking the URL.

Try the following. 

(This will make sure the Zoom Client on your device knows who you are instead of using cached information when joining a meeting via URL.)

On the device you are wanting to join the meeting with, log into the Zoom Client Application.

If the client application is not installed please install it.

The client application can be found at zoom.us/download

Once installed, log into the application.

Click the gear icon in the upper right.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.52.26 AM.png

Select Profile on the left-hand side.

Then select Edit My Profile.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.54.37 AM.png

Click Edit on the right-hand side.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.39.58 AM.png

Set your Display Name.

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.42.33 AM.png

Click Save at the bottom.

I too have this issue.  I've been through all the steps you suggested and the name of my past employer continues to come up when others send me a zoom link for a meeting.  I'm so tired of this and just cant figure out what could be causing it.  I've tested to see if there are zoom accounts connected to any of my other email addresses, etc. and can't come up with anything.  Without Zoom supporting us that are on the free service (used to be paid) I'm not sure how to sort this out.  A bit at the end of my rope.  

npollard
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same problem here on a Mac Pro.  The proposed solution does not work.