cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple people being able to start a meeting?

DB2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey everyone,

I have a question - I work remotely and we have weekly meetings in the Zoom room of our boss. However, sometimes he runs a bit late to the meetings so I have to start the Zoom meeting for the team (on his account).

The way we had done it is that he gave me his password so I log into his Zoom and start the meeting. However, the issue is that when I log out of his Zoom to switch back to mine, he gets logged out automatically.

Is there a way for him to share the account with someone else so I can start meetings without the issue of logging him out?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @DB2 

If you are both users in the same organization, under the same master account with Zoom, then your boss could designate you as an Alternative Host for that meeting.

If you are not within  same organization in Zoom. and if your boss felt comfortable with allowing you to start any of his meetings, we could look at providing you with his Host Key - but for that "join before host" would need to be enabled.

Or, again, If you are not within  same organization, he could also look at adding you as a Basic user on this account.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Hey Rupert, thank you for the answer! We use his personal Zoom meeting room for team meetings. He already shared his account details with me and it's his request to sort it out so he doesn't have to log in each time I log out.

How would I be able to get the Host Key? Would he have to do something in his account?