cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Recordings -> Captions -> Speaker Attribution

AndreLeBlanc
Newcomer
Newcomer

For some reason, meetings that I've record are not providing speaker attribution in the resulting transcript.
Any ideas?  I looked through previous recorded meetings and speaker attribution is there.  I don't know if this is a result of the recent client updates or what.  
I looked through various settings and I don't see anything that would toggle speaker attribution on/off.

I am currently using the desktop client Zoom Workplace, v6.1.11 (45505)

Is it possibly related to who the meeting organizer is?  E.g., it's not me, but I was granted authorization to record the meeting?

2 REPLIES 2

AndreLeBlanc
Newcomer
Newcomer

Following up... (still no answer)
I spun up a meeting and invited another participant: my personal account on my personal laptop.
I ensured that Captions were turned on.
I ensured that in Settings -> Recording -> Display participants names in the recording is enabled/checked.

During the meeting, live captions were being generated and attributed to the correct speaker.  However, in the locally saved files, it's still just timestamps and the text.  I checked both the <timestamp>.vtt file and the closed_caption.txt file.  The are effectively identical in that they are showing timestamps and text, but no speaker attribution.
My next test will be to record to the Cloud instead of local.  (Not certain why this would make any difference.)

AndreLeBlanc
Newcomer
Newcomer

Another update...
For my previous meetings, I had been choosing the option to save them locally.
I did another test where I chose to Save (Record) To The Cloud (...whatever the verbiage is).
In that test, the resulting Recording.cc.vtt file had speaker attribution.
The resulting Recording.transcript.vtt file did not have speaker attribution.

So...thus far in the testing, it seems that speaker attribution only works when the following are true:

• Closed Captions must be enabled
  • Recording must be saved to the Cloud

I'll do some more testing to see if this remains accurate.

I'm still looking for anyone else to confirm this functionality...