cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of Zoom won't respond to end task command -- Zoom is acting like a Virus

CeciliaSepp
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the latest version of Zoom; today I was reviewing my task manager and saw it running even though I'm not currently using it. My system looks like it restarted -- but Zoom is not enable to start automatically. 

I have used the end task command 6 or 7 times and it just keeps rebooting/running in background. I do NOT use any of your other add on services so there is no reason for it be on and using valuable RAM when I'm not using it. 

Why won't it stop running when end task is used? 

There are 8 tasks running under the zoom folder in Task Manager and even trying to end each one it just starts up again. 

Zoom is acting like a VIRUS. 

3 REPLIES 3

uminberdesigns
Newcomer
Newcomer

Please update your OS as Letest version of software required few additional features. 

My OS is set to update automatically so I always have the latest version. This started happening after ZOOM updated last week. 

I have the same issue as Ceclia.  Not only will the multiple Zoom tasks not end when you try repeatedly to "end task", nor will the multiple Edge Webview tasks go away when you try to "end task".  (Why are the WebViews even necessary?)  Requiring everyone who uses Zoom to updated their OSs is not a solution. The problem is the latest version of Zoom. A solution is to fix Zoom.