cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to fix a possible bug / bug report - Zoom sometimes unresponsive

igeek_88

Hey there! I hope you are doing great.

I'll try to brief as short as possible, a TL;DR if you will / bug report form.

What happens:
Latest zoom version on Windows is unresponsive, and the only solution is to close the app and rejoin the meeting.

When does it happen:
When trying to double click for full screen (doesn't happen when maximising the window), or when trying to restore the meeting by clicking the picture-in-picture window.

Where does it happen:
Windows 11 Home, 23H2, OS Build 22631.4317, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1041.0.
Operating system and zoom application are up to date, Windows Insider Programme is disabled.
I hardly think another application is conflicting and causing this to happen.

How to reproduce:
Enter a meeting, switch to full screen mode, program freezes.
Enter a meeting, go to another window so that PIP is active, program freezes.
Only solution is to close and rejoin the meeting.

What I have tried:
The most I did, because it was time to format my computer, is to reinstall the OS with an official debloating method from Microsoft (so that shouldn't be the issue either). It's called answer files and you can read more about it here -> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/update-windows-settings-and-s.... As an example, I've based my own 'unattend.xml' on the ones found here -> https://github.com/memstechtips/UnattendedWinstall?tab=readme-ov-file.

What I have not:
Going into windows recovery mode (I don't remember the proper name right now) with network enabled to see if the program would open there and crash or not. Maybe I'll do it if I have spare time and post an update here. I don't know if it is related to the meeting being recorded or not, but I have no way of knowing that and I think that's a job for Zoom developers and testers in my humble opinion.

Added context and final questions:
I'm an IT professional, and I've tried common things like keeping both the app and my system updated, and I even sent through the OS the crash report to the app if I remember correctly. My computer has more than enough resources to run it, so it's probably not hardware related. 

Does it happen to anyone else? If so, have you find a permanent solution besides waiting for zoom to fix it?

Thank you very much and have an awesome day!
Iván Weinberg
https://www.linkedin.com/in/iweinberg/

2 REPLIES 2

Jethro7

When I realised there was nothing more I could do to recover my social media accounts, I was ultimately referred to META's most skilled hacker, Angelina, for help. I was surprised that she was able to help me in regaining access to my account in barely 24 hours. In the event that you're experiencing problems with your account, she is the most skilled hacker in charge of a META department. *********** is her email address, and Angelina_Christopher1738 is her Instagram account!

Jethro7

When I realised there was nothing more I could do to recover my social media accounts, I was ultimately referred to META's most skilled hacker, Angelina, for help. I was surprised that she was able to help me in regaining access to my account in barely 24 hours. In the event that you're experiencing problems with your account, she is the most skilled hacker in charge of a META department. AngelinaChristopher1738 @ Gmail . Com   is her email address, and Angelina_Christopher1738 is her Instagram account!