cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does browser zoom records my attendance?

Lucas3
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am at university, and the professors are giving their class using the zoom software. Since i can use the zoom by the browser itself, i have decided to not downloaded it since it was not necessary. But, i am confuse because, after watching a lot of classes i have been concerned if my name/email was really being registered at the attendance classes, and so i asked somewhere else if my name is registered if a join a meeting using the browser. The answer apparenttly is negative, but i would like to confirm it.

So the question is basically if joining by the browser is enough to got my name at the attendance list? Or the question can be rewritten also as "joining by the browser is the same as joining by the software downloaded itself?". 

If it is not, i think the zoom should advice it. So considering my name is not registered at any attendance list of the classes i was present, is there a way to prove that i was in fact present at the lectures?

3 REPLIES 3

Lietus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Lucas, 

I am not sure of the exact answer to your question, but in a bigger Zoom class I was in last year, my professor requested that we write our names in the chat box for her to review later. I'm not sure what would have happened if we had not done so, whether she could tell we were there or not. I have had smaller Zoom classes where the teacher will expect participation and that’s how we get our attendance.

I would recommend having a conversation with your professor, letting them know you were there, and asking about their attendance policy, whether they even take attendance at all. I would also recommend downloading Zoom if you can, and have the space. Besides allowing the teacher to see your name, it will help with bonding with your classmates socially if you are ever made to do group work.  

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Lucas3 

It really depends on whether the meeting required registration (and provided you a unique Join -URL), or required authentication (meaning you needed to be logged-in to Zoom), or what name you entered when joining in your browser.

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

The web-client version of Zoom should also register your attendance to the meeting. I would make sure you sign-in to your Zoom account on the web site first, then join your class in the web browser, to ensure both your name and email address are captured for the attendee report.