cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Name vs Account Name

daniellejoy
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi! Hoping someone can help. I work for a small business and made a pro account. When I send a meeting link, I want it to read -

"Business Company" is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: "Business Company's" Personal Meeting Room

But when I join through that same account, I want it to have my name as the display name, not the business account. Is there a way to have these be different? Or do I just have to manually change my display name in the zoom each time? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dfei
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, This is a setting in your profile. Login to Zoom.us. click on profile and edit. You should see the "Display Name" section and change it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dfei
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, This is a setting in your profile. Login to Zoom.us. click on profile and edit. You should see the "Display Name" section and change it. 

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @daniellejoy!

Welcome to the Zoom Community! Happy to have you here!

Have you seen @dfei's response
. Did it answer your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

MGSR

Hi @daniellejoy 

I have marked @dfei's answer as a solution.
Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hi, Mark.  Unfortunately, I have the same problem, but the solution doesn't work for me.  I have changed my name everywhere possible (profiles, display name, preferred name, etc.), but my full name is still showing up when I join a Zoom meeting.  Any other suggestions for solutions?  Thank you.

Beth

MGSR

Hello @eaj16 

When the Allow participants to rename themselves setting is enabled, you have the option to rename yourself during a meeting. When hosts disable this setting, you will not see the option to rename yourself. 

You can read more in this article

Mark
Zoom Community Team