cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking availability for a meeting

milenapon

Does Zoom have something similar to the Scheduling Assistant that MS Outlook has? 

That is, I'd like to identify a time/ date when most attendees will be free for proposing a convenient time and avoid conflicts.

Asking each attendee for their availability is super time consuming and definitely not efficient at all! 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@milenapon - Finding open spaces depends on all the participants being on the same calendar account, and using the same calendar.  If you are using Zoom Calendar, and the other participants are on the same Zoom Calendar account, Zoom is able to to identify meetings and show you available times.  If everyone is using a different calendar, you would all need to be on that calendar to find time slots.  

Zoom as a client does not check the time slots, however, so you would have to schedule through the calendar and then make it a Zoom Meeting. This will work, with the appropriate add-ins, on Google and Outlook as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

colegs

@milenapon - Finding open spaces depends on all the participants being on the same calendar account, and using the same calendar.  If you are using Zoom Calendar, and the other participants are on the same Zoom Calendar account, Zoom is able to to identify meetings and show you available times.  If everyone is using a different calendar, you would all need to be on that calendar to find time slots.  

Zoom as a client does not check the time slots, however, so you would have to schedule through the calendar and then make it a Zoom Meeting. This will work, with the appropriate add-ins, on Google and Outlook as well.

Thanks for answering my question! 
In my organization most of us use Outlook calendar, and I know we can link their calendar with Zoom, I did it myself, and I'm quite confident most of my coworkers did it as well. 

However, when I start booking a meeting on Zoom, I've never seen the available times of the other attendees! Neither found any button or link for it (as there is in Outlook for the Scheduling assistant). So, how to do so?

colegs

@milenapon to see calendars in Zoom, you would actually use the native Zoom Calendar the same way you would with Outlook and it will show you everyone's availability.  In the normal 'Schedule a meeting' option where you are selecting attendees and choosing meeting settings, the option is not there.