cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU REQUIREMENTS

Kostas79
Newcomer
Newcomer

A Intel I3-6100u  works right on screen sharing or no?

Dual and single-core laptops have a reduced frame rate when screen sharing (around 5 frames per second). For optimum screen-sharing performance on laptops, we recommend a quad-core processor or higher.

I m confused about the cores and the technology or architecture of a cpu 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

MGSR

Hi @Kostas79 

An Intel i3-6100u may have a difficulty with screen sharing, like noticeable frame drops.

The reasons are due to:

1. Limited Processing Power: Screen sharing involves capturing the content of your screen, encoding it, and then transmitting it over the internet. This process requires significant computational power, especially if you're sharing high-resolution content or running other applications simultaneously.

2. Resource Competition: Running Zoom alongside other applications can strain the limited processing resources of a dual-core CPU. If you're running several programs simultaneously, your CPU may struggle to allocate enough resources to Zoom for smooth screen sharing.

3. Encoding and Compression: Encoding and compressing the screen content in real-time for transmission puts additional strain on the CPU. Dual-core CPUs may struggle to handle this workload efficiently, resulting in laggy or low-quality screen sharing.

May I suggest lowering your screen resolution, close other apps to free CPU usage, and share specific app window instead of the whole screen.

Should you still need further assistance please let me know.