Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Updates Not Working

akoehler1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello:

I have had trouble with auto-updates not working. I am not sure what changed, but I used to get the pop-up that something got updated or telling me that an update was available, but no more. For the past few months I don't know there is an update until Zoom freezes. I had the box ticked for automatic updates but on Slow. I am trying Fast now to see if that makes a difference but welcome any thoughts. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bruno-BaKano
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @akoehler1 ,

I have the Windows desktop version myself and it seems that in the last 2~3 months it only updates when I do "Check for updates" although the app never stopped working.
I have the auto update option checked in the Settings as per Automatic update release frequencies also set to "Slow", which means that it does not update to latest available version as it should do when you have the "Fast" option selected.
You only get the prompt to update in specific versions that Zoom marks as "Prompted" download type (check Minimum, Prompted, and Slow/Fast Update Versions for more info).

I assume you just changed it to Fast recently so wait a couple of weeks to see if there is a change (notice that this just makes the app update on exit, it does not change you getting the prompt to update).
However I can see that for Windows version at least most of the later releases have "Manual" download type, so you would never get a prompt for those, however the auto-update should still work at every 2 months or so, IMO.

Regards,
Bruno 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bruno-BaKano

Hi @akoehler1 ,

I have the Windows desktop version myself and it seems that in the last 2~3 months it only updates when I do "Check for updates" although the app never stopped working.
I have the auto update option checked in the Settings as per Automatic update release frequencies also set to "Slow", which means that it does not update to latest available version as it should do when you have the "Fast" option selected.
You only get the prompt to update in specific versions that Zoom marks as "Prompted" download type (check Minimum, Prompted, and Slow/Fast Update Versions for more info).

I assume you just changed it to Fast recently so wait a couple of weeks to see if there is a change (notice that this just makes the app update on exit, it does not change you getting the prompt to update).
However I can see that for Windows version at least most of the later releases have "Manual" download type, so you would never get a prompt for those, however the auto-update should still work at every 2 months or so, IMO.

Regards,
Bruno 

CarlaA

Hi @akoehler1!

I reviewed your post and have accepted @Bruno-BaKano helpful reply as a solution. If you need further assistance, please let us know! If this does not answer your question, click on "Not a Solution" in the replies dropdown menu. 

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?