cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleTV app with Continuity Camera acting strange

seskally
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have an AppleTV (A2843) with the latest Zoom app using my iPhone 14 ProMax as my continuity camera. All hardware and software are updated currently. 

We communicate with family via Zoom where we're in a living room setting. The issue I have is that my camera wants to wander constantly. I get that it's meant to follow whatever subject is in the frame. However when there's multiple people in the frame the camera constantly wanders. If anyone walks through the frame the camera again wanders. Is there anyway to turn off this wandering camera feature? The Zoom app menu is very limited and I can't find anything on my phone that seems useful. I'd love the ability to simply use my iPhone as a static camera. The constant wandering and searching is driving me nuts.

1 REPLY 1

seskally
Newcomer
Newcomer

I really appreciate Zoom putting actual help behind a paywall. The rest of us are left out here to figure things out on our own. 

Anyway….for anyone reading this here’s the answer:

There’s limited options available before the actual meeting is started. After starting the meeting you have more options. Under Settings, Video Effects, turn OFF Center Stage. This will fix camera wander.