cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomISO with Zoom Events

rhawkinslsav
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using Zoom Events and I am using ZoomISO to show some of the panelists to our live in-room audience. I am able to use ZoomISO to enter the event and session and show my webcam and audio, that isnt a problem at all. But, we cannot seem to get ZoomISO to allow us to send panelists as outputs. I keep getting an error in ZoomISO saying “Failed to request record/stream permission with error 9 (remember you cannot request permission in a breakout room)” . Do any of you have experience with this? I have a feeling I just need to make some adjustments to the settings in Zoom Events to make this work. I usually set ZoomISO to work with Streaming so I can record without an issue. I have it set to stream for the lobby, but in order to enable streaming in the sessions, I would need a streaming Key and code. The other option is to tell ZoomISO work with recording, but I cannot seem to find the area to allow hosts and panelists the option to record. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @rhawkinslsav.

I’m not an expert on ZoomISO, but I do hang out with folks that use it a lot. Zoom ISO requires recording or live-streaming permission. Normally the ZoomISO user is granted Co-Host permission, though it can be granted Local Recording permission upon request, if enabled for the Host’s account. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I figured it out. Once we disabled backstage, we were able to enable the ZoomISO outputs. Apparently ZoomISO doesn’t like backstage in ZoomEvents. You either need to be a host and find a way to be pulled in as an attendee to never enter through the backstage, or just turn backstage off. It worked beautifully once we disable backstage.

Ray_Harwood

Very interesting, @rhawkinslsav.. Good detective work!

If you wanted to use Backstage (there are good use cases and bad ones!), You just need to be “on stage” (or as Zoom calls it, “in the Webinar”).  Any Host/co-host can most the ZoomISO participant there from the Participants window. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I will say one nice update from the newest ZoomISO update is that for webinars, you can enable your outputs during the practice season now without losing the connection once you join the main webinar. Before that, we had to wait to start the webinar before our ZoomISO machines could join in order to enable the outputs. Now they just need to make it so it works backstage as well.

My typical way around backstage is to have a different zoom meeting for the backstage and send panelists their links via chat after we finish making sure their audio and video are working well.