cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of the two tabs in Webinar?

Librarycat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Sigh. Last night we had a large webinar. And my helper who was co-host didn't realize that I as host was sharing my screen because she only saw me in speaker view. She had inadvertently mouses over a tab - that never used to be there. See screen shot. Both tabs are cirlced, one red, one yellow.

I swear these tabs never used to be there. And I cannot figure out what purpose they serve. 

If I as host set "follow host view" and I accidentally click on a tab, will the attendee view change?

Why? Why? Why? Thanks for any insight on this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

While the change was to support the multiple people sharing, it is now the standard for all sharing.  If you were to want to switch to the participant view instead of the shared screen, you can through the tabs, but anyone trying to share will be notified that only a single person can share at a time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

colegs

@Librarycat - The new tabs are to enable multiple users sharing their screens at the same time.  The "follow host view" is specifically around gallery vs. active speaker views.  

Hi Colegs, thanks! I don't have the settings set up for that - I have it set up sharing only one person at a time. So why would it activate if I don't have it turned on in the settings or in the Webinar itself?

colegs

While the change was to support the multiple people sharing, it is now the standard for all sharing.  If you were to want to switch to the participant view instead of the shared screen, you can through the tabs, but anyone trying to share will be notified that only a single person can share at a time.

Librarycat
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation, and I can explain to others we now have this view. Thank you!