Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Create an Additional Hub in Zoom Events with Unlimited License

Agath423d
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Zoom Community,

I am currently facing an issue with creating an additional hub in Zoom Events. Our organization has a Zoom Events "Unlimited" license, and we have around 90 unused licenses. Despite this, we are unable to create more than one hub for one account. 

From what I understand, the Unlimited license is limited to a single hub. We are a company of 500 employees and need to manage multiple hubs under the main owner for different groups. My role involves managing these hubs along with volunteers assigned to each hub.

Here are some details:

• We have multiple Zoom Events Unlimited licenses.
  • We tried to set up multiple hubs under the main owner, but it didn’t work.
  • The support article on Zoom mentions that to create multiple hubs, we might need multiple Zoom Events Unlimited licenses, which seems redundant given our unused licenses.
  • We need to manage volunteers without creating new email addresses for each of them, and each hub is dedicated to a specific group of volunteers.

Is there a way to create an additional hub without having to purchase more licenses? Are there any workarounds or specific steps we need to follow to utilize our existing licenses better?

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mgstark
Community Champion | Employee

@Agath423d Hi there.

With that license that means you can create a hub and schedule as many 1,000 participant Zoom Session events as you wish. Each employee with this license can create their own hub and do the same. Hope that helps to answer the question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Agath423d.

Just to confirm, you have 90 Zoom Events Unlimited licenses? 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

mgstark

Hi @Agath423d you can create multiple hubs if you have multiple licenses assigned. But you can only assign different licenses to the same user.

So for example a single user can have 1 x ZE 1000 and 1 x ZE 2000 and 1 x ZE 3000 .etc but not 3 x ZE 1000.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks, @mgstark!  I wasn't sure how that worked... that's helpful.

Also, @Agath423d, I want to clarify that if you only have a Zoom Events Unlimited 100 license, it's a single Zoom Events license with a limit of 100 attendees at each event, and only permits you to have one hub.

I'm happy to meet with you over a Zoom call to discuss Zoom Events licensing.  Just reach out to me at the Z-SPAN link below, and either schedule 30 minutes or fill in the name/email box.

Agath423d
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for the response, 
I currently have a Zoom One License (with max 1000 participants for all events). This is the common licence that all employees have in my company
@Ray_Harwood happy to discuss on a call if you can help me clarify the situation or/and find a solution for having multiple hubs easily 

Ray_Harwood

@Agath423d, schedule a no-cost 30 minute meeting here. I’m happy to review your licensing, clarify what you have, and make recommendations. 

mgstark

@Agath423d Hi there.

With that license that means you can create a hub and schedule as many 1,000 participant Zoom Session events as you wish. Each employee with this license can create their own hub and do the same. Hope that helps to answer the question.