cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Attendee Webinar Quality on Mac

adimauro
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was recently experimenting with the 1080P setting checkbox while creating a new webinar.  The quality upgrade for attendees was drastic.  But I only seemed to get better quality when viewing on a PC.  When I was viewing the same webinar on my Mac I was only receiving 640 X 360 resolution video.  If I promoted that Mac up to a panelist, the video quality jumped to 1080.  I was on the same internet connection for both the PC and the Mac, so it wasn't a bandwidth issue.  Has anyone else seen the poor quality only while watching on a Mac?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Got it - hopefully support can get to the bottom of this.

Just to confirm, you have all 3 of these options checked on your webinar, yeah?

bstrelko_0-1698072541488.png

Also, the Mac and PC are both using the same internet connection and are both viewing Zoom in full-screen with the same view selected?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bstrelko

We have hundreds of Mac users that are able to receive 1920x1080 webinar feeds when this option is checked. Sounds like a bug - please attempt to replicate and then report directly to Zoom Support if the issue persists!

Can you please also confirm which version of Zoom Client the Mac in question is running?

Each computer is running the latest 5.16.2 version of Zoom.  Attached are screen shots of the stats window from each computer.  I also contacted Support directly from the webinar.

bstrelko

Got it - hopefully support can get to the bottom of this.

Just to confirm, you have all 3 of these options checked on your webinar, yeah?

bstrelko_0-1698072541488.png

Also, the Mac and PC are both using the same internet connection and are both viewing Zoom in full-screen with the same view selected?

Yes, all 3 of those options are enabled.  

The computers all had the same views selected but they were not in full screen mode.  When I go full screen, the Mac does display 1080 resolution.  I hadn't even thought of that.  That does solve the issue, but it is just strange that the PC will display 1080 while not being in full screen mode but not the Mac.

Thanks.

Where are those three options to check when in Webinar?

Librarycat_0-1698099396439.png

bstrelko

When booking a new webinar via zoom.us, these are located under "Options". You may need to manually request the Group HD 1080 feature to be added to your account via Zoom Support in order to see 1080 options.

Yes, I have 1080 activated but I don't see those exact options. Mine are worded a bit differently.